Sunday 17 August 2008

Heatwave in Donegal

I am currently on holiday in Ireland and as I’m heading from Belfast to Donegal tomorrow for a few days, I thought I’d check the weather forecast. I wondered if it might perhaps be a little less wet in the Republic. Today in Belfast was bloody wet! So wet the roads flooded and the tour bus I was sitting on the top deck of (you’ve got to get into the spirit of these things haven’t you?) got stranded in the floods!!!

Anyway I live in hope of better weather so I googled “Donegal weather forecast” and was ecstatic to discover I should expect sunny days with temperature highs of 27 degrees. Result! Except … who’s ever heard of Donegal in Pennsylvania? Two Donegals? Why?! A quick re-google was to discover the highs are in fact going to be few and only 12 degrees. Hope the pubs are good!

2 comments:

joe90 kane said...

One of my obscure pet theories
is that Donegal and Caledonia are inversely related, ie -
Donegal = Dun na Gall
Caledonian = Gall na Dun

Have a nice holiday - I wish it was me.

all the best IiE!

Indygal said...

Hmmm, interesting theory you've got there lol. Had a brilliant time. Donegal I loved!