Saturday 11 October 2008

X Factor meanderings


Watching X Factor (I know, I know!) and just laughing at the wee interviews they do with them beforehand. They all say what they are most scared of. "I'm scared I get too nervous, I'm scared I'll cry" etc so that we're all so busy praying they DON'T cry (and they KNOW they're not going to) that we don't actually notice their performance. One of the guys said "I'm scared I'll forget the words, I don't know the song that well". Guess what he sings? The Foreigner song that was played 40 million times over in his teenage years - "I wanna know where love is"!! It goes like this:

"I wanna know where love is,
I want you to show me,
I wanna know where love is,
I know you can show me."

Then it goes:

"I wanna know where love is,
I want you to show me,
I wanna know where love is,
I know you can show me."

Yep I can see why he was worried about that one. Funnily enough he managed the lyrics quite well. It hurts me to say this because he seems like a nice guy and I'm a nice person but if you ask me, he managed the lyrics better than he managed the tune. Sorry sorry!

Sorry (again), just got to quote you one of the other contestants. Alexandra. Aged 19. Lovely girl but listen to this.

"Being picked for the final 12 for the X factor is the biggest thing that's every happened to me. In my ENTIRE life." No! Really? So you've not won any gold medals at the Olympics, carried out a life-saving operation or written a best seller? Talk about underachievement! What have you been DOING for 19 years girl ...?

No comments: